Following very positive feedback from the judges last year, Fradley has entered the competition again for 2016. Judging takes place between May and July, so we need everyone to help keep the village looking perfect throughout these months.
The Parish Council contract the maintenance of the village to a private company who maintain the grassed areas, cut back shrubs and hedges, empty litter bins and tidy various areas through the village. However, there is always more that can be done by residents to help keep our village standards high and hopefully to win the Best Kept Village Competition. This can be achieved easily if residents ensure areas close to their property remain tidy; the monthly working groups also welcome support. You can do as little or as much as you are able.
If you would like to get involved please contact either Mark on 07590 384115 or Simon on 07709 433493.
Groups meet every Saturday morning between 9:30 and 10 am throughout June and July on the Community Hall Car Park, for anyone willing to dedicate a few hours of their time.
For people that cannot physically help out, there is always room for your assistance in deciding the future agenda of the working groups. ie. where to plant bulbs, trees or hedges through the village, extra signage or information boards and any other suggestions for making the village a better place to live.
Projects carried out so far:
- Clearance of area in front of Fradley Community Hall and planting of mixed native hedging
- Planting of approx. 60 trees on Watersmeet (green area directly over the road from the Community Hall)
- Litter picking around village and along Common Lane
- Clearance of path and road all along Bridge Farm Lane
- Cutting back growths on trees along Worthington Road
- Cutting back of hedge on Church Lane near the Post Office
Best Kept Village meetings are normally held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm in Fradley Village Hall
To view the minutes, click on the relevant month below. (UA) denotes unapproved minutes
Current Agenda (click here)