Which council does what?

When dealing with councils it is often difficult to decide who to get in touch with for what. This list, although not exhaustive, will give you an idea:

Parish Council

  • Bus shelters
  • Some public benches
  • Recreational facilities
  • Car parks
  • Notice boards
  • Funding emptying of dog bins
  • Grass cutting parish council land
  • Viewing of planning applications
  • Celebratory events

Lichfield District Council

  • Set and collect Council Tax
  • Environmental health
  • Housing benefits
  • Planning applications
  • Local plans
  • Arts and leisure
  • Public conveniences
  • Unclassified roads
  • Waste collection
  • Tree preservation

Staffordshire County Council

  • Education and youth employment
  • Transport
  • Social services
  • Some planning applications
  • Strategic local plans
  • Recreation, arts and museums
  • Roads and pavements including blocked drains
  • Waste disposal
  • Street lights and signs
  • Hazardous roadside
  • Traffic lights
  • Footpaths

Reporting road and lighting faults

Any resident can contact the Staffordshire County Council Highways to report faults and defects in roads, pavements, street signs, lighting, blocked drains (in road gutters) fallen or dangerous trees and branches, and all other highway problems.

Contact them by telephone on 0300 111 8000 or email highways@staffordshire.gov.uk

Easiest of all is to use the on-line reporting system on the County Council web pages.

Waste and recycling information

Waste disposal

Refer to timetable for black and brown bin collections
Nearest tip: Lichfield (off Kwikfit roundabout)
Opening times: 9.00am – 6.00pm Monday to Sunday
For collection of bulky waste (eg bed, sofa, carpet): call 01543 308999
Check beforehand for charge
For collection of fridges/freezers: call 01543 308999 (no charge)
To report overflowing waste bins: call 01543 308999


Green bins emptied every Friday – refer to timetable for holiday collections
Clothing recycling: next to Alrewas Fryer
To get more green boxes: call 01543 308999
If you are struggling to get boxes to edge of property: call 01543 308999

Dog fouling

To report a dog fouling problem: contact the Dog Warden on 01543 308725

To report a dog bin that is full: call 01543 308999

Local statistics

The following statistics are for the Alrewas and Fradley Ward from data compiled by the Office for National Statistics using the 2001 census. (More up to date information from the 2011 census is being published on the Office for National Statistics web pages as it becomes available.)





Age 0-4
Age 5-15
Age 16-24
Age 25-44
Age 45-64
Age 65-74
Age 75+Average age of population in the area
Single people aged 16 and over
Married people aged 16 and over
Divorced or widowed people aged 16 and over
All people with a limiting long-term illness 659

Freedom of Information

Fradley and Streethay Parish Council has adopted the Model Publication Scheme for Local councils as approved by the Information Commissioner.

Please see the Council’s Guide to Information for details of what is available and the charges applied.

If you cannot find the information on the website contact the Clerk with your request.